Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:51:00 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, FreeBSD Java <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ejb server on FreeBSD

> Just like Sebastien answered, it is an acronym for Enterprise Java Bean
> Server. It's an application server that hosts server side javabeans.
> You can find further refs at :
>
> http://java.sun.com

I know quite a bit about EJB's, but as I stated before, I have never
heard of a EJB server.  Application server's yes, but never an EJB
server.

As I understand it, there is no such thing as an 'EJB server', so if
there is one someone will have to point me at documentation for one.

As far as application servers goes, I know of no application server that
has been ported to FreeBSD, although if Weblogic/BEA/whatever they are
this week stuff is indeed 100% pure Java, it should work under FreeBSD.

Nate