Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 1995 05:21:24 -0800
From:      hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org, hasty@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: text's start address?

Okay, I re-linked mdos.mon with "-T 1000000" and mdos now gets a
valid ex.a_entry. However, when I jump to location 1000038, I get a
core dump. mdos.mon is a simple program which  prints 10. I just
wanted to debug the loading process so I replace mdos.mon with the
simple program. The other thing that I noticed is that when I try
to execute mdos.mon, I get the error :
./mdos.mon: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

/bg/local/src/mdos/src/monitor > file mdos.mon
mdos.mon: FreeBSD/i386 demand paged executable not stripped

The last problem is not related to my main problem just curious as
to why the system prevents from executing the program.

Tnks,
	Amancio