Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 17:50:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gimp port

 * I just re-rebuilt it and tested it, I can't get it to fail yet.  Did you
 * reinstall the /usr/X11R6/lib/tmp/gimprc as ~/.gimprc ?  The end of the
 * install target echo's some hints on this ....

Oh, I see.  Well, there are two problems here:

(1) The echo is buried inside a barrage of other printouts.  At least
    it should be moved to the end of the post-install target, and
    surrounded by some eye-catching decoration.

(2) pkg_add says nothing about it, so users without Motif (like me!)
    won't see it.  It should probably be put there as pkg/INSTALL as a
    post-installation script (that way you can simply call that from
    post-install).

(3) That will still only show up on the system administrator's shell.
    Maybe we can change the message `gimp fatal error: ".gimprc" file
    not found' to something that suggests the users copy that file to
    their home directories?

Oops, there were three.

Satoshi