Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 02:57:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        pixelking@hotmail.com (Pixel King)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install difficulties

Pixel King wrote:
> hi,
>
> I go through and i identify my hardware, which is correct and on the
> compatible list, and when i hit 'q' and then 'y' to save settings, my
> system reads from the floppy for a moment, then hits the hard drive for
> a millisecond, then it locks up, with the white block cursor in the top
> left-hand corner. i've waited long periods of time, to no avail.

Just a guess: you disabled sc0 in the kernel config screen, since it
conflicts with your mouse.  Try again and leave the conflict alone.
sc0, of course, is the console, and disabling has just the effect you
describe.

This is poorly documented, although it has been noted, I believe for
the next release, or at least a FAQ item.

dave
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'