Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:26:05 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp12.tar.gz

Johan Larsson:
 |Well, i tried this with my sb16pnp card and i didn't get it to work at
 |all. Perhaps i have missed something in the configuration or in the
 |readme-files.
 |device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
 |device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
 |Jul 24 00:36:09 moon /kernel.pnp12: sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
 |Jul 24 00:36:09 moon /kernel.pnp12: SoundBlaster 16 4.13> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 1
 |Jul 24 00:36:09 moon /kernel.pnp12: sbxvi0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 5 on isa
 |Jul 24 00:36:09 moon /kernel.pnp12: sbxvi0 not probed due to I/O address conflict with sb0 at 0x220
 |Jul 24 00:36:09 moon /kernel.pnp12: sbmidi0 at 0x330 irq 5 on isa
 |Jul 24 00:36:09 moon /kernel.pnp12: sbmidi0 not probed due to irq conflict with sb0 at 5

I got the same results on my SB32 non-PnP.  Appears the problem is that
several of the sound devices think they're on IRQ 5.  pnp11 didn't have
this problem and in fact was pretty close to being perfect (no 16-bit
record was the only major thing -- see below); something changed between
pnp11 and pnp12 to cause this to crop up.

 |On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:
 |> I fixed audio recording for the SB16 cards so if you have a
 |> SB16 please download the driver and please let me know how it works.
 |>
 |> Also I stripped away all the debugging output which was being
 |> printed during the probe/attach phase.

Randall