Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 22:51:10
From:      jpm@sierra.net (John McNamee)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD via FTP

I want to bring up FreeBSD.  I have access to ftp.freebsd.org from my own PC
(_not_ the one where I want to install FreeBSD) via a PPP connection.  Maybe I
missed something in the FAQ or readme files, but I can't find any description
of exactly what files I need to FTP, and what I need to do get them installed.
The INSTALL file is clear enough about the making the boot and cpio floppies,
but it has next to nothing about the distributions (e.g. bindist).

--
John McNamee <jpm@sierra.net>
MicroWizards Software Development Services