Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:41:40 +0200
From:      "Gunnarsson, Mikael" <Mikael.Gunnarsson@octapharma.se>
To:        "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>, <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Intel PRO/100 CardBus II

> >The other way around I think.. the Intel TypeIII cards are rebranded=

> Xircom cards..
>
> Oh right! I actually just digged up a netgear F=
A410 card,
> works, but it's
> missing the dongle... and I have just b=
een reading the dongle
> for the card
> breaks really easily.

Most =
dongles break easily, which is why they suck in the first place. (And tha=
t they always get lost.)

> So if they're just rebranded then the Inte=
l one should work
> just fine with
> the xircom driver, right? I'm not=
 entirely sure which one
> would work best!

I haven't had any proble=
ms with Xircom or Intel cards under FreeBSD, so I'd say either is a good =
bet in any case. If your laptop has room for a TypeIII card (and you don'=
t need the other slot) then go for a Realport. I'm not sure how the FreeB=
SD support for the Realport2 cards are though, as the only Realport2 card=
 I have is broken.

Mikael Gunnarsson

This email and any files=
 transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of =
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received=
 this email in error please notify the system manager. This message conta=
ins confidential information and is intended only for the individual name=
d. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distrib=
ute or copy this e-mail.