Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:28:44 -0600
From:      Rob Andrews <rob@switchblade.cyberpunkz.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Majordomo question..

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

I've been running into an error with majordomo that I am not sure the
correct way to go about resolving.

When I send mail to the majordomo list I get an error message regarding
the list user file being group writable so sendmail rejects it..

Now here is the real problem.  list@domain.com when you send mail to it
is setup to block any mail from being posted unless two things are present
A person listed in the listfile and looks for Approved: password.

If I remove the group write mode from the file the list works just fine
of course..  the problem is that the alias that list@domain.com uses to
send mail to on the system, also becomes open for the entire world to
send mail to the list and that's something I'm attempting to prevent.

Does anyone have any pointers on this or can point me in a site that has
decent docs on setting up majordomo to act semi-sane in a real enviroment?

--=20
Rob Andrews
Administrator
Cyberpunk Alliance