Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ed Yu <edlyu@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB, kvm switch, kbdcontrol, and boot-loader

Hi, I have a 4 port IOGEAR KVM switch that uses USB
keyboard and USB mouse. I switch frequently with a
Linux box (kernel module work), a Windows box (Outlook
scheduling), and the FreeBSD box (development box).
All on different machines.
Since the FreeBSD boot loader doesn't have USB
support, I have to attach a PS/2 keyboard to the
FreeBSD box as well.
However, whenever I switch back
to the FreeBSD box, the console switched to the PS/2
keyboard. I have to run 'kbdcontrol
-k /dev/kbd1  < /dev/ttyv0' to switch back to the USB
keyboard. I have two questions:
1. How can I prevent the reverting back to PS/2
keyboard?
2. Is there any bootloader that can use USB keyboard
for selecting the OS to boot? I know GRUB can't. I
don't think LILO can. I don't know of any other boot
loader.