Date:      Sat, 3 May 2003 00:01:48 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Chris Miller <ctodd@netgate.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSROOT missing even after using cvsroot-all

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

[ this has nothing to do with -CURRENT so I have removed it from CC: ]

On 2003.05.02 14:51:10 -0700, Chris Miller wrote:
>=20
> I'm trying to create a 4.7 release on my system using the tools in
> /usr/src/release but make fails with a cvs abort error due to no CVSROOT
> directory. I saw the announcement in the archive to add cvsroot-all to the
> supfile yet no CVSROOT directory gets created. I must be doing something
> simple wrong.

It looks like you have confused the CVS repository (normally /home/ncvs)
and the checked out tree (normally /usr/src). I think CVSROOT should be
set to /home/ncvs but I have never tried to make a release so I'm not
really sure.

You might want to take a look at the net/cvsup-mirror mirror to get a
local repository.

>=20
> Supfile :
>=20
> *default host=3Dcvsup9.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=3D/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> *default prefix=3D/usr
> *default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_4_7
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all
> ports-all tag=3D.
> cvsroot-all
>=20
> build command :
>=20
> make release CHROOTDIR=3D/usr/release BUILDNAME=3D4.7-RELEASE-p10
> CVSROOT=3D/usr/src

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2