Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:24:51 PST
From:      "Albert Chen" <chen6178@hotmail.com>
To:        marko@uk.radan.com, culverk@wam.umd.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Can't detect my Matsushita/Panasonic IDE CDROM.

>From dpsmith@xoom.com Fri Jan 22 18:20:56 1999
>Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:

>> All you need to do is us the ATAPI options. specifically add this to
your
>> kernel config file:
>>
>> options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
>> options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
>> device          acd0            #IDE CD-ROM
>
>ATAPI & ATAPI_STATIC are in GENERIC anyway, as is wcd0 and matcd0. acd0
>is for CD-ROM & CD-R/RW according to LINT and should be used *in place
>of* wcd, so if the original poster is booting the GENERIC kernel there
>shouldn't be a problem.
>
>What's confusing me is ''I add the line "controller      matcd0  at
isa?
>port 0x230 bio" in kernel''. Why? when it's there already?

Hi, Mark & Kenneth,

The following lines in my kernel config file,

options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
device          matcd0          #IDE CD-ROM
controller      matcd0  at isa? port 0x230 bio

But FreeBSD can't still detect CDROM :-(
I run dmesg, and the result is below:

wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <IBM-DTTA-350840>
wd0: 8063MB (16514064 sectors), 16383 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
wdc1 not found at 0x170
matcd0 not found ad 0x230

Would you like to tell me how to sovle it, thanks.

P.S. My CDROM is in Secondary Slave.

Best regards,
Albert.