Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:03:06 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 11:28:06AM +0100, CARTER Anthony wrote:
> Where can I add the $TERM variable?
>=20
> I am using KDE.
>=20
> I put in my ~/.cshrc the following:
>=20
> setenv TERM "xterm-color"
>=20
> but I don't seem to have a color xterm when I open a new shell...Is this =
the=20
> wrong place?

The best way of doing this is to add a line:

    xterm*termName:         xterm-color

to ~/.Xdefaults, and then make sure that:

    /usr/X11R6/bin/xrdb -merge ${HOME}/.Xdefaults

gets run as part of your session initialization --- ie. add it to your
~/.xsession file if you're running xdm(1) or equivalent, or to
~/.xinitrc if you're using startx(1).  This should work under KDE,
Gnome or any old window manager.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20