Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:14:17 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Gray, David W." <David_W_Gray@tvratings.com>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD mobile list'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wireless?

In message <01D4D419B1A4D111A30400805FE65B13070AC135@nmrusdunsx1.nielsenmedia.com> "Gray, David W." writes:
: So the question is, what do you do for cheap, wireless or equivalent
: connectivity? (By cheap I mean <$100/node, preferably < $50.) With 10Mb or
: better performance, too. (The upstairs box has my CVS repository, don't want
: to cvsup at 1Mb constantly...)

I cvsup all the time with a 2Mb/s card and it is very fast.  NFS is a
little slow and complex X applications are a little sluggish.

Having said that, you can get dlink cards for about $130 a pop and
they are 11Mb/s.

http://www.comready.com/dlindwwirlan.html is one place that has them
for $120 plus shipping.

Warner