Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:26:13 -0400
From:      "SILVER, MICHAEL A" <MSILVER@scana.com>
To:        "'Cribbins, Jason'" <Jason.Cribbins@qwest.com>
Cc:        "'newbies@FreeBSD.ORG'" <newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DYNDNS

Jason, good luck.  I have found many of the linux ones do work, however I
have yet to find the ideal client.

There is a perl script available (I think from the dyndns web site) that is
the best so far.  It does have one major flaw: It will send updates
everytime it is run.  It needs to check if the IP has changed, and only send
when changed.  I already have a new script written to check for a IP change,
but have not tested it yet.  Let me know if you are interested, and I can
get you the dysdns script and my add on to it.

...Michael...

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 06:16:51PM -0400, Cribbins, Jason wrote:
> > Is there a specific port or daemon to support DYNDNS as
> detailed in RFC
> > 2136.  I have looked everywhere but I think my efforts are
> lost on the fact
> > that I am probably not using the right search terms as no
> results have been
> > returned except for one program that's made for winnt/linux.
> >
> > I was hoping for something more native to the BSD
> platform...maybe something
> > in the ports collection.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated!

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-newbies" in the body of the message

  If this email was sent to you by mistake or if you are not an intended recipient, please delete it, destroy any hard
copies, including attachments, and notify me by return email. The unauthorized use, distribution or reproduction of
this email is prohibited and may be unlawful.