Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2011 00:20:47 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Mickey Harvey <mh.unet@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing to jail

Mickey Harvey wrote:
> Is there an easy way to install a port from a host system to the equivalent
> directories in a hosted jail? For example if I have a jail at /jail/www and
> want to install a port that installs its config file as
> /usr/local/etc/thefile.conf and its binaries into /usr/local/bin. Is there a
> way to easily change it to install the files to
> /jail/www/usr/local/etc/thefile.conf and /jail/www/usr/local/bin?

The easiest way is to mount host's /usr/ports in to jailed system:

mount -t nullfs /usr/ports /jail/www/usr/ports

then you can execute what ever command in your jail by jexec command
with JID of given jail:

jexec 1 portmaster www/apache22

Or you can enter the jail

jexec 1 tcsh

and then you can do same steps like in any non jailed system:

cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
make install clean

Miroslav Lachman