Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:34:51 -0500
From:      WBWilliams@statestreet.com
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Compaq m300 and system temperature warning

Hi,

I'm trying to install 5.0 of free bsd on the same compaq m300 where I've
been running 4.5.  I'm trying to install from a bootable CDrom.  During the
boot, I get a warning which seems eroneous acpi_tz0: Warning - current
temperature (48.0C) exceeds system limits.  This happens shortly after the
boot sequence sets the CPU throttling to be eneabled.  Obviously, I need to
build a floppy boot disk to see if that helps solve the problem, but has
any one else seen this?  I've searched the archives to no avail.  By the
way, touching the laptop shows it to be rather cool to the touch, an
internal temp of 48C would be rather hot.

Walt