Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:43:50 -0400
From:      froekjaerf@netscape.net
To:        sean@stat.duke.edu
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys PCM100

Thanks.
That was properly the best support i have ever received.
Less than 12 min. before i had a complete answer.

> 1) for starters, you are disalbeing ed0 in /boot/kernel.conf which
>    is the driver that this card will use

I had never looked at that file before. I got a couple of other machines to look at now.

> 7) with notebooks, I strongly recommend whittling the generic
>    kernel down to just the hardware present ...

I think I already have. Is there anything particular you are thinking about?
It's not that big a problem. I have 288MB ram in the machine.

\Flemming