Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:51:55 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Test

Dag-Erling Smorgrav:
 |Randall Hopper <rhh@nc.rr.com> writes:
 |> Let's see if we can post to the FreeBSD lists again now, despite silly
 |> Postfix EHLO DNS rejection rules that don't account for internal domains...
 |
 |If those "internal domains" are {austin,texas,houston}.rr.com, they
 |were intentionally blocked for looping mail back to the lists.

No, I'm in NC (nc.rr.com).  The 'internal domain' is a home network passing
through a masquaraded firewall where the sending SMTP machine inside the
firewall uses a hostname known only in internal DNS.  Also, the external
DHCP IP assigned to the firewall has no DNS so gating mail through there
doesn't help in posting to the FreeBSD lists.

I found a work-around though.

Randall

--
Randall Hopper