Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:52:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pcasidy@worldnet.fr
Subject:   How to boot from a SCSI disk?

Hi!

I have install FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a friend of mine's computer. He has
Windows on the IDE disk and added a SCSI one for FreeBSD.
We did not had any trouble while installing the system on the SCSI
disk (the controller is an Adaptec 15xx : aic controller). The problem
is about booting.

Its BIOS does not provide any solution to boot from a SCSI device.
It cannot afford to reinstall the / slice on an IDE disk.

Is there a way to boot from floppy, dos, windows (we do not have a
compiler to compile winboot)? I have browse the handbook, the FAQs, the
mailing list with no success!

Does any one can point me to information about how to solve this
problem?
Is there any body willing to write an "How to boot from an unreckonized
SCSI disk?" Faq?

Thanks.

Phil.