Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Charles Martin <i_am_charles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /ltconfig: Can't open /ltconfig

Hi.  I am trying to build the mysql322-server port.  Everything is
great until I get to this point:

    checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
    updating cache ./config.cache
    /ltconfig: Can't open /ltconfig
    configure: error: libtool configure failed

I previously did a make install on the libtool port, which appeared to
be successful.  So libtool-1.3.3 is installed.

Can anyone help me here?  Thank you.

[Note on FreeBSD gotchas: it appeared to me that I could get by just
ftp'ing the specific port tarballs that I wanted.  No way.  I think it
should be stressed in the docs somewhere that you MUST either install
the entire ports collection or CVSup, so that you get the essential Mk
directories and etc... I have since cvsup ports-all so now I should be
ok.]