Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2012 00:54:07 +0200
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: FUSE kernel module for the kernel...

--xY23VHacxCa7rROP

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 04:20:24PM -0500, George Neville-Neil wrote:
> Howdy,
>=20
> I've taken the GSoC work done with the FUSE kernel module, and created
> a patch against HEAD which I have now subjected to testing using
> tools/regression/fsx.
>
> The patch is here: http://people.freebsd.org/~gnn/head-fuse-1.diff
>
> I would like to commit this patch in the next few days, so, please, if
> you care about this take a look and get back to me.

I just took a very quick look, and the code has all usual bugs. E.g., the
filesystem is marked mpsafe, while insmntque() is performed before new
vnode is initialized.

The fuse was known to cause random kernel memory corruption, were the issues
identified and fixed ?

Who is going to maintain the code ? I once objected strongly for throwing
the fuse into svn without first fixing bugs, and having a maintainer.

--xY23VHacxCa7rROP

--xY23VHacxCa7rROP--