Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:14:47 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@buz.ch>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird chroot/ruby problem

Hello,
I'm trying to setup a chroot environment with the following stuff:
Perl
PHP (CGI interpreter)
Python
Ruby

To copy with the libraries, I've simply copied over /usr/lib and
/usr/local/lib (recursively, of course) but that somehow doesn't seem
to cut it.

Now everything but Ruby works perfectly:

#chroot . /bin/sh
#/usr/local/bin/ruby
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libruby.so.16" not found
# ls -l /usr/local/lib/libruby*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 0  0      13 Aug 21 18:55 /usr/local/lib/libruby.so -> libruby.so.16
-rwxr-xr-x  1 0  0  690764 Aug 21 18:55 /usr/local/lib/libruby.so.16
# /usr/bin/perl
print "hello world";
#

So libruby IS there but doesn't seem to get load for some weird
reason and the other interpreters work as expected. I'd greatly
appreciate any tips/pointers to docs on this.

Furthermore, I've been asking myself what the best option to provide
sendmail like services (we use qmail) out of a jail would be? I assume
I can't use the vanilla qmail sendmail replacement as that one would
try to write to the queue directly?

TIA & regards,
Gabriel