Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:34:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott Nolde <scott@mediaone.net>
To:        Bob Bomar <rbb0002@unt.edu>
Cc:        Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86

Have you created a new XF86Config file?
	XFree86 -configure (I think) then tweak the output

If you're using startx, you may have install Xwrapper and create a
~${HOME}/.xserverrc file:

#!/bin/sh
Xdepth="-bpp 16"

if [ -x /usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper ] ; then
        exec /usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper -auth $HOME/.Xauthority ${Xdepth}
else
        exec X -auth ${HOME}/.Xauthority ${Xdepth}
fi

BTW - Xdepth is depreicated, but the script works for me.

See how that works.

- Scott

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Bob Bomar wrote:

> I just upgraded to Xfree86 4.0.1 on my FreeBSD 4.2
> machine.  I was going to go ahead and upgrade to
> FreeBSd 4.3 and Xfree86 4.1, but I can not start my
> xserver, I get the error message:
>
> Fatal server error:
> No screens found.
>
> How did it happen and how do I fix it.