Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 22:06:23 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone know of any software for playing Video CDs?

And I'm not talking about the new DVD stuff, I'm talking about
the older Video CD "standard" which was promulgated by Phillips
and others.

I can play these CDs just fine in my CD-I player (with hardware MPEG
decoder plugged in the back) but it's a PAL device, it runs off of
220V and, basically, I'd much rather view them on my FreeBSD box if I
could. :-)

So, anyone have any clues for me?  I used to not even be able to read
their funny record size before, but I think that the new Plexstore
12CS drive I have (or, at the very least, my HP 4020i) should be
able to handle that if I can find some sort of software for handling
the decompression.

And no Windows solutions please - I don't even have Windows on this
box. ;)

Thanks!

					Jordan