Date:      Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:14:36 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        Soso Lolex <sosobsd@email.ro>, Richard Wenninger <wenninger@cox-internet.com>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re: : Re: FreeBSD 4.5 instalation failure

One of my very first installs encountered the same problem trying to use
the CD burned from a download to a directory on another Winbox. However,
instead. I transferred the same original directories over to the other box
targeted for FBSD install through the Window LAN connection. Then installed
FBSD from the "DOS partition" on the same dribe and that worked for me.....

At 07:02 PM 2.7.2002 +0200, Soso Lolex wrote:

>> > Hmm, I dont remember the *exact* error message but I know that was
related
>> > with /bin directory, something like it cannot copy or install /bin
from CD
>> > (or hardisk if I tried to install it from DOS partition) and the error
>> > message came up when progress bar was at 100%, and all other directories
>> > were installed well.
>> >
>> > It is possibly that my image is broken...
>> >
>> >   Thanx anyway,
>> >
>> > soso
>>
>> I had a similiar problem, and it turned out to be a poor quality CD-ROM
drive
>> having trouble reading my CDR.  I swapped out the CD-ROM drive, and the
>> install went just fine.
>>

> nah, in my case the image was broken, I have generated md5 hashes for the
files on the CD, and compare it with the original ones, and at least 2
files from /bin directory from the first CD were corrupted

>soso

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American
http://www.sage-american.com
jacks@sage-american.com

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat;
....situation excellent! ....I shall attack!"