Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:41:51 +1200
From:      David Preece <dpreece@paradise.net.nz>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Native as a binary - I thought we had this sussed now.

As per the subject, I thought there was an announcement roundabout new years'
about Sun and the FreeBSD foundation finding some middle ground and managing
to arrange a binary licence for a native JDK. Yet here I am on 4.5 watching
the port building. Not wishing to be pissy, but what happened about this?

Oh, and have there been any performance tests done of native 1.3.1 vs
IBM1.3.1 on linux emulation (assuming 4.5-R)? I have some people wanting to
stick their Java app on FreeBSD, with me admin'ing the whole thing and I'm
trying to work out what I've let myself in for. Put it this way: They're
software developers and they *admit* to it being CPU intensive...

Cheers,
Dave