Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:54:58 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xfree nad sig 11 cores

hello all ..

i;ve writter here before abiut thie probelm and have gotten teh seam answer
from gret and small alike .. all "blaming" my hardware, to whit i've replaced
my hardware three times and had several replacement motherboards and enough
drams to sink a battle-ship. none of it altered teh basi probelm and created a
new one .. my hardware supplier is reticient to supply any hardware and keeps
telling me how good ms windows nt and how i would be better off using ms won
nt. personally i don't think so.

please forgive my bluntness .. i am sick and tired of heart 'replace teh
dram', i don't think that teh dram is the primary cause of teh failures. they
are too pervasive and to 'common, and all go away wehn i go back to freebsd
v2.1.5 .. from memory.

about the only real difference between teh version of xfree that work reliably
on my hardware and all teh ones that don not work reliably is the user
definitions in teh login.conf file.

this being teh case i would like to persue a new course of action, is it
possible to change teh default user class ? how would one do that ?
is it possoble to tune teh classes to produce a class that will work
comfortably with my xfree application mix ?

i realise that their is some documentations on this subgect .. it is in
programmer speak. but, due to circumstance outside of my control i have great
difficulty in uinderstanding the way teh infoprmation is presented. so i
suppose what i am asking is -- would some kind soul have a few moment to help,
hand hold me through teh process please.

regards and thank you

jonathan, somewhat slow in teh understanding game...