Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:42:27 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>, Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: drive does not spinup using sym driver under FreeBSD-alpha

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 07:28:05PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

> > > I can't help you here, since I haven't ever played with alpha machines.
> >
> > I asume noone can help me here beside digital/compaq - I just wanted to
> > note this.
>
> It's probably an issue because your SRM doesn't recognise the controller
> as being something it supports.  You _may_ be able to improve the
> situation by updating to a more recent SRM.

It is already the newest.
SRM detects the controller as an 810 just like the other controller but
sh device does not show any device on this controller including ID7.
I will try to get another clock source ASAP just to see if it's the reason.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de