Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:51:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Contributing to the handbook - How ?

I've found a semi-nice but easily documentable workaround for the problems
people experience when they install FreeBSD on a machine with one IDE and
one SCSI drive.

(For those of you not familar, the bottom line is that the single SCSI
drive gets labelled as sd1 by the kernel, but the kernel tries to mount
root from sd0)

How should I go about writing this up for inclusion in the Handbook ?  I
don't know SGML (well, HTML if it's _really_ that related), or TeX or
laTeX, or groff, or any other typesettign language.

I don't suppose anyone here would appreciate contributions in Microsoft
Word format.  8-)

Any pointers would be appreciated.

--
j.