Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:47:55 +0100
From:      "Jonathan Clarke" <jonathan@phillipoux.net>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPFW + NATD with redirect_port

> I want to redirect incoming ssh packet to another box internally.  I have
> got the following as my /etc/natd.conf
>
> dynamic yes
> log_denied yes
> use_sockets yes
> same_ports yes
> unregistered_only
> redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.200:22 4455
>
> When I try to ssh to port 4455 I get nothing - I have ipfw running - do I
> need any specific rules to get this working.  I have tried "${fwcmd} add
> pass log tcp from any to any 22 in via ${oif} setup" but it doesn't seem
> work.

Gordon,

Your natd setup looks OK to me. I'm wondering whether your ipfw isn't
blocking connection attempts. Do you have a rule that allows tcp connections
to port 4455? And another to allow connections from NAT box to ssh box on
port 22?

And when you try to connect to port 4455 on your NAT box, you do it from the
exterior, right?

Hope this helps,
Jonathan