Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:26:39 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Jeff Vehrs" <JWVEHRS@hewitt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl5 - make install failed!

"Jeff Vehrs" wrote:
> Oh, man! Forgot to add the info about my machine! My fault. It is
> 2.2.8-STABLE on Dell GXL 5133 with 48 Mb RAM & 1Gb hd.

I'll need your help if there's any chance of fixing this.

In the port, first do a "make clean", then a "make extract".
Then cd to the port directory with "cd work/perl<version>"; then
apply each patch in turn until one fails - "patch < ../../patches/patch-<>".

When a patch fails, manually fix it by examining the patch and the
*.rej files it produces. Give me back the results.

Mark Murray