Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "William L. Hamlin" <whamlin@connetsys.com>
To:        Michael Williams <sdynamic@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, fwtk-users@lists.nai.com
Subject:   Re: IPBind patch for fwtk on freeBSD 3.2

Michael,

Which version of IPBind are you using?  If you are using anything older
than 1.2, get the newest one - that will probably be your problem.  There
are known issues with earlier versions attempting to bind specific IP
addresses on some systems.

My next suggestion would be to verify that the IP address you are
specifying (172.16.30.4) is indeed the one that you want to use and that
it is correctly configured on the local machine.  I know this sounds
basic, but most of the problem e-mails I get regarding the patch end up
being this very problem.  A good sign of a computer nut is that his eyes
are almost completely blurry from working all night...

If that doesn't work, I'm at a bit of a loss.  I don't have access to a
FreeBSD machine right now and thus can't bang on it.  However, if you (or
anyone) has such a system on the Internet on which they can give me a
temporary login (and gcc, of course), I can take a look and see for
myself.

Or maybe someone else has already gotten it working?  Actually, I've
gotten very little response from people regarding the patch working on
different operating systems.  Since this is going out to the list, if any
of you have gotten it working, could you please let me know what
platform/OS and any changes you had to make?

   - Bill

---
William L. Hamlin
Systems Architect