Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:00:56 -0700
From:      "Stevan S." <sjsan@austin.cc.tx.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question about naming a server

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how to describe this but I'll try to explain it.

I work for for a college that is connected to the Internet.  We are also
connected to a LAN/WAN protected by a firewall.  The college already has a
registered domain (austin.cc.tx.us).

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.6.  I run this server as a FTP and HTTPD Server.
In a sence this server acts has a intranet server.

My question is -  when I access the server this is the address that I use:
http://m198214188122.austin.cc.tx.us/
ftp://m198214188122.austin.cc.tx.us/ or ftp m198214188122.austin.cc.tx.us

But what I want the address to read is:
http://etv.austin.cc.tx.us/
ftp://etv.austin.cc.tx.us/ or ftp etv.austin.cc.tx.us

What do I need to do to make this work.  The college already had the
austin.cc.tx.us domain.  I just want to name the machine.