Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:26:13 +0530
From:      Charudatta Brahme <charooo@trishul.icil.co.in>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Virtual Host Network Interface

Hi,

I am attempting to write a virtual host network interface (at the ifnet
layer) which will respond only to
ICMP queries. This interface has to represent around 1024 hosts (for
stress test purposes).
ifconfig alias will not be useful for obvious reasons.

My query is - how do I force the interface to receive the packets that I
want it to. I have set the interface to promiscus mode.
What I also can't figure out is where will the data be received? There
doesn't seem to be enough documentation around..
Help...

Thanks,

Charu