Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:37:42 -0500
From:      "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Spam Block question.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@cancercare.net>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 7:58 AM
Subject: Sendmail Spam Block question.

> I'm getting numerous spam messages that are coming in with headers such
as:

> <snip>
>
> Where 67.66.xxx.x is the actual Ip of my sendmail server and the actual
> sending host is 220.201.80.37. Is there any way to block this type of spam
> other than blocking 220.201.80.37? I can't place the ip in the access list
> as it kills outbound mail from that system.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Micheal Patterson
> Network Administration
> Cancer Care Network
> 405-917-0600

I realize that I'm responding to my own initial message, but after reading
it again, let me clarify.

The source of the spam is 220.201.80.37, it's spoofing the hostname portion
as 67.66.xxx.x which is the IP of my mx. Is there any way to configure
Sendmail that, in this example, if it recieves connection that has the
hostname field of 67.66.xxx.x. and it doesn't resolve back to the ip
220.201.80.37, to reject the message?
--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.