Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 1999 15:43:39 +0000
From:      Richard Morte <ric@sinclairassoc.force9.co.uk>
To:        bond <bond@sttec.yar.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: httpd working but not stable

OK,

It seems like you are almost there. To start with, just check the
following:

DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/etc/etc"    (enclosed by quotes "..." and
no trailing `/')

Exactly the same thing applies in your Directory for DocumentRoot:
<Directory "/usr/local/www/etc/etc">

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml
 (no quotes and single spaces between entries)

If these are OK, we will have to start looking a bit deeper.

Cheers,

Ric