Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 23:08:07 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer (FreeBSD/ARM Team) <gpalmer@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@geli.com>
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wcarchive down

In message <199504200518.WAA03907@geli.clusternet>, "Russell L. Carter" writes:
>This is a helluva commitment to FreeBSD, might be messy to begin with but
>will likely root out many of those hard to find bugs right quick, with long
>term benefits for the community.

And in the meantime, every time wcarchive goes down, Walnut Creek's name
get's slightly muddier. We were origionally waiting for 2.1 to come out, and
be properly tested, etc, etc, before even thinking of touching wcarchive,
but it spamming it's /dev/*sd* entries well enough so that we can't even
re-mount the root filesystem read-write kinda forced our hands.

Yes, it'll force a lot of obscure bugs into the open, but debugging wcarchive
isn't easy as we don't normally have any console access...

Gary