Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 14:52:58 -0400
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Mathew Kanner <mat@cs.mcgill.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PXE Booting?

On May 18, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 18-May-00 Mathew Kanner wrote:
> > [... snip ...]
> >       Is there an easier way?  Has anyone done this before?
>
> It is done and committed to both RELENG_4 and -current.  If you
> install a machine with a recent 4.x snap from releng4.FreeBSD.org
> you can read the pxeboot(8) manpage for more info on setting it up.
> This will also be in release 4.1 scheduled to be released in a couple
> of months.

	Thanks, I got it and compiled it (from releng_4) and I can't
seem to get it to work.  The manual mentions that I can select (at
compile time) NFS vs TFTP, but I couldn't find where I can define
this.  Should I try to get a newer PXE image for the card?

	Thanks,
	--Mat

[...boot info typed from screen, probably contains errors...]
Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 067)
Copyright (C) 1997,1998  Intel Corp

DHCP MAC ADDR: XX XX XX XX XX
CLIENT UP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX MASK: 255.255.255.0 DHCP IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
GATEWAY UP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
PXE Loader 1.00

Building the boot loader arguments
Relocating the loader and the BTX
Starting the BTX loader

BTX loader 1.0 BTX version is 1.01

PXE version 2.1 real mode entry point @9df3:0106
BIOS 640kb/139936kB avail...

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.7
(mat@...., Thu May 18 ... 2000)
pxe_open: server addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
pxe_open: server path: /pxeroot
pxe_open: gateway ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx