Date:      26 Feb 2004 14:27:55 -0700
From:      llewelly@xmission.com
To:        des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NICID, firmware, etc.

des@des.no (Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav) writes:

> llewelly@xmission.com writes:
> > Despite the complaints, I can ifconfig it, and ping the IP address I
> > give it from the box it's installed in.
>=20
> That doesn't mean anything.  Traffic to your own IP addresses is
> routed over lo0.

Thank you. That's why I added:

> > I don't know if it will talk to another card wirelessly, because I
> > don't have any other (working) computers with wireless.

I mentioned the test because it's in the handbook. :-) As far as I
    know, it means I got one of the command line arguments right. Of
    course it doesn't mean I got them all right, and it doesn't mean
    the card works, but all my other wireless devices are either
    broken, or plug into my laptop. So that woefully inadequate test
    is the best I can do ...