Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 03:29:10 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eirik_=D8verby?= <ltning@anduin.net>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adaptec 2020S and asr(4)

Eirik Øverby wrote:
> On 24. mar. 2006, at 05.58, Scott Long wrote:
>
>> Julian Elischer wrote:

>>> Ah I assumed asr as it supports all teh others in that series
>>> (2010S, 2100S etc.)
>>

>> The numbering sequence that Adaptec uses follows no pattern in
>> conjunction with the driver to use.  The easiest rule to remember
>> is that 'asr' is dead and does not apply to anything running Ultra320,
>> SATA, or SAS.
>

> How about the 2015S (ZCR)? I know I've bugged you about this one  before
> (and offered to send you HW, but that project failed due to my  current
> motherboard failing, sorry ;), has anything changed?
>
> /Eirik

Oops, you're right, I forgot about the 2010 and 2015 cards.  Those
are the only two Ultra320 devices that are asr.  As for the asr
driver, it really needs someone with a lot of available time and
interest.  As I saw many times, I'm quite happy to provide my notes
and on-going support to anyone who wants to work on this driver,
but I don't have the time to work on it myself.

Scott