Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Brian Jackson <bjackson@conversent.com>
Cc:        barbish@a1poweruser.com, FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: adelphia cable dhcp

192.168 is used by dsl and cable routers for the internal addresses when
doin nat, as 10.x.x.x often is.

The problem with a dhcp network where everybody is sittin on the same
line, as in a cable modem situation, is that if someone on your segment
puts up a bogus dhcp server that responds more quickly that the proper one
- everybody who connects up gets fed bogus IP/DNS/etc data and basically
cant route to anywhere.