Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:56:11 -0500
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question on error: "Makefile", line 24: Need an operator

I'm trying to build a port for FreeBSD, and I get this error when
running "Make":

"Makefile", line 24: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

To my knowledge, everything looks good so far. The line in question is:
do-build:
    (cd ${WRKDIR}/extended_threading/extended_threading/ && \
     echo "import sys; import py_compile; for f in sys.argv:
py_compile.compile(f)" | python *)

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? (operator? huh?)

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton

sjss@elrond 14:42:07 (2) ~/dev/extended_threading_port > cat Makefile
# New ports collection makefile for:   py-extended_threading
# Date created:        14 Jan 2008
# Whom:                James Stapleton <user(sjss) host(var [dash] dev
[dot] net)>
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=       py_extended_threading
PORTVERSION=    0.2
CATEGORIES=     devel python
MASTER_SITES+=  http://www.var-dev.net/programming/python/extended_threading/ \
                http://www.var-dev.com/programming/python/extended_threading/ \
                http://www.var-dev.org/programming/python/extended_threading/
DISTNAME=       extended_threading-0_2
EXTRACT_SUFX=   .tar.bz2

MAINTAINER=    user(sjss) host(var [dash] dev [dot] net)
COMMENT=       a library to extend pythons threading library

USE_PYTHON=     2.3+

do-build:
    (cd ${WRKDIR}/extended_threading/extended_threading/ && \
     echo "import sys; import py_compile; for f in sys.argv:
py_compile.compile(f)" | python *)

.include <bsd.port.mk>