Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:34:26 -0400
From:      Patrick Lahni <list@cykotix.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hang at Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec

Hello,

I have tried installed FreeBSD-CURRENT on my machine but it hangs on boot.
It gets as far as "Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec" and stops responding
and I have to perform a hard reset.  I was originally running 8.2-STABLE
without any issues and decided to upgrade.  That said, I can boot using my
8.2 kernel (of course it doesn't like this) and at least get to a shell
prompt.  Switch back to GENERIC -CURRENT amd64 and it hangs in the same spot
every time.

http://jetway.com.tw/jw/ipcboard_view.asp?productid=832&proname=NF99FL-525

This is the board I'm currently using.  To make things even more
interesting, I dropped the SATA drive into an HP Elitebook 8440p just for
grins to see if it would boot and it does without any issues using the
-CURRENT GENERIC amd64 kernel.  Latest sources were checked out this
morning.  Any ideas on what I can do to at least get this to boot properly
off the jetway board?

I apologize for the lack of initial information but since I can't get it to
finish booting, copying and pasting any sort of output from the machine is
impossible at this point.

Thanks,

Patrick