Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:23:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My planned work on networking stack

<<On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:38:04 -0800 (PST), Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> said:

> I believe that sme of the patches were considerred "experimental and
> just lacked someone to make them production quality. In other cases they
> were not against 'current' and porting them to -curren twas left as "an
> exercise for the reader".  No-one who had that ime had a need for them.

Back when I was on core and looked after the network stack, I went
around several times with multiple people saying ``please, we would
love this code, if only it weren't based on a two-year-old kernel!''

I started my own SACK implementation back in 1996, but it was never
finished.  (It got caught up in a rewrite of the TCP retransmit queue
that proved too difficult to implement.)

-GAWollman