Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:31:33 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        PowerMan <powerman1st@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A question about 6.2 release

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 04:38:29PM +0800, PowerMan wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
>       My first language is not English, if I made some bad words or
> expression, please forgive me.
>
>       I have learned from your web site http://www.freebsd.org
> that 6.2-stable is relased on 15 Jan, 2007.
>
>      But why there is also 6.2-stable snapshots released in May 2007
> and June 2007?
>
>      Should all snapshots be released before a final release is released?
>      Should no snapshots be released after a final release is released?
>
>      I can't express myself very well, I wish you can understand me.
> Thanks.

There is ongoing development after the release, which you can think of
as preparation for the next release.  That is what the snapshots
represent.

This is all explained in the Handbook: there is a good chance that
this has been translated into your local language where you may find
it easier to read.  Your english is very good though!

Kris