Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:31:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "A.G. Russell IV" <arussell@bifrost.agrknives.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CPU upgrade

The AMD and PPRO are not pin compatible...
Plus the k6 line does not have smp support, you will have to go to an Athlon(sp?) to get smp support, and will have to
have a new MB in any case...

A.G.

"wwoods@cybcon.com wrote ..."
> I am currently running a Dual PP200 system with 128meg memory and am looking to upgrade the processors. What would you reccomend in the ay of fairly inexpensive processors? I was looking at the AMD line, mabe a k6-350, what do you think. Are these the same socket and voltage set up?
>

> Also, what would I need to do after the CPU upgrade? Recompile the kernel, or? I would think I would be able to just drop in the new processors and boot up right?
>
> William
>
> William
> Our funds have Star Power. Explore our site and share your investment
> ideas and real-life experiences. Find the Transamerica Premier Fund that's
> right for you. Visit
> http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;529412;3450872;h?http://www.transamericafunds.
> com/legal.html

A.G. Russell IV  KC5KFD        High Order Software        e-mail:   ag4@hos.net
Phone 512-834-1145
          These are my views, on anyone else they would look silly.
       When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed by tomorrow...
                          United States Marine Corps