Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windowmaker and xosview

Hey all,

Poking around over lunch today, came across two reasonably cool looking
ports for some enterprising individual:

 * Windowmaker, a window manager ala' AfterStep:

	http://w3.one.net/~roz/software/x11/windowmaker/

   -- Compiles fine, may even run...I didn't get that far yet due to lack
      of time.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone is already working on
      this.

 * xosview, a graphical performance meter:

	http://lore.ece.utexas.edu/~bgrayson/xosview.html

   -- This one will be a bit tougher.  It was written for Linux and
      ported to NetBSD;  my 30 seconds of hacking on it didn't work.
      The guy needs a FreeBSD account to port it if'n one of our people
      don't want to do the work.  (I may offer him one.)

Happy trails,

Brian