Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2001 19:20:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tyler McGeorge <millioncheese@yahoo.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>, treznor@sunflower.com, Steve <vandena@nwf-soccer.com>, Rafael Caballero Jr <rcaballero@mindspring.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and a cable modem

I've failed to follow this thread recently, and I
would like to insert that my experiences with
Roadrunner Cablemodems are from those that are located
in Topeka, Kansas. I've seen two different cases (They
weren't at the same time, so I can't tell if they were
two different policies from different hubs or if they
changed their protocol) but one required you to
"login" to check mail, whereas the other would not let
you do anything at all without "login"ing in, it would
assign the IP address, but would not allow data
throughput.

Just a tad more info,
Tyler