Date:      24 Feb 2003 11:17:01 +1100
From:      Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sean_Welch@alum.wofford.org
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Also interested in testing

--=-cogmuqp1e0XCnvgLTWzo

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 08:57, Sean Welch wrote:
> Cool -- does this mean the modem is functional then with=20
> userland ppp (ie, traditional hayes command etc)?

It should be, yes.  I haven't tried this yet as I've replaced my
internal modem with a stealth serial port for use as a serial console.

> I'm
> itching to trying some of this stuff, but I'm hung up on
> my installworld...
>=20
> For some reason the installworld is refusing to handle
> the /usr/src/include directory correctly.  The command
> I run is as follows:
>=20
>   make DESTDIR=3D/data/ppc installworld
>
> It gets hung up telling me (apparently) that
> /data/ppc/usr/include does not exist even though it
> does.  Stranger still, if I run:
>=20
>   make DESTDIR=3D/data/ppc install
>=20
> under /usr/src/include it all installs just fine.
> Problem is, the installworld starts over and I'm stuck=20
> again.
>=20
> Before I ran into this problem I found that I also
> had to manually create /data/ppc/usr/share/info/dir or
> the install quit telling me the directory didn't exist.
>=20
> Am I missing something here that I should be doing?

Has your buildworld completed first?  You need to have that done.=20
You'll also need the TARGET_ARCH setting done correctly.  See the
discussion between myself a grehan previously for the correct make
flags.

--=20
Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>

--=-cogmuqp1e0XCnvgLTWzo