Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 2020 12:10:48 -0400
From:      Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Availability of samba 4.12.x

--Sig_/1/ByIXESvafyvgfX23UwqaA

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 16:11:50 +0200, Kurt Jaeger stated:
>Hi!
>
>> I was just wondering why the current stable version of samba -- samba
>> 4.12.7 is not available in the post tree? =20
>
>Because the maintainer did not yet got the time to create a port.

You know that for a fact, or is that simply a conjecture? Since 4.12.0
was officially released over 6 months ago, I kind of doubt that is the
sole reason, although possible.

>Maybe you want to try to create one ?

Well, if I did, and I never completed it, the status quo would remain
the same.

In any case, I seriously doubt that you have the definitive answer, but
thanks for playing.

--=20
Carmel